Re: [Further-devel] Launcher

From: Chris Ball (chris@cpan.org)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 12:54:44 PDT

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 12:48:38PM -0700, Evan Martin wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 07:59:51PM +0100, Chris Ball wrote:
> > The website says that the launcher plugins going to be removed. Is that
> > still true? Why? It rocks. Lots. :)

*winces at his lack-of-subjecting and missed apostrophe*

> Part of my original goal was to rid my desktop of icons.
> I'm reconsidering now, though.

Could you leave it in as a plugin, but not enable it on your own
desktop? I think further's definitely getting to the point of meaning
different things for different people, and is spiralling out of being
code for Evan's Desktop. :-)

> I plan to just have "right click on the desktop" spawn a terminal,
> though we could use launchers for other things (web browser comes to
> mind).

Great idea. I do sick things with terminal launching buttons, though,
which is why I use the launcher. A button for a long terminal and a
short terminal, both transparent, ssh'd to kosai and attached to screen
-dr {irc,mail}, for example, and others for local terminals etc..

Thanks,

~C.

--
Chris Ball.