Re: [Further-devel] Works with blackbox

From: Evan Martin (eeyem@u.washington.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 02:16:33 PDT

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 12:18:08AM -0700, Ben Monnahan wrote:
> > The primary consideration is whether it probably establishes itself as
> > your desktop: is it behind all other windows, unable to get the focus,
> > unable to be moved, etc?
>
> You're right, it doesn't take over it basically opens up a maximized window
> w/o any window decorations. But blackbox is still running the show. I
> was suprized to even see it running.

Is there some way to set blackbox into gnome-compatible mode?

> > I've introduced a bunch of bugs in switcher the latest CVS. I wish I
> > had left the "released" version as one that works.
>
> I am using CVS as of this afternoon. I would guess around 4:00PM.

I'm sure you'll run into the problems yourself, then... :\
Restarting further fixes most things.

> > There's a bunch of work to be done on further, but I've been otherwise
> > occupied. Check the mailing list archives if you're curious.
>
> I plan on getting involved fairly soon. I'm just getting over moving. So
> hopefully I'll be able to dive into the code in the next few days.

Where are you living? I'm in Lander 782.

My current plans involve fixing everything, and writing some document
about the design of the configuration system... but that'll have to wait
until after I've finished some work-related things.

--
Evan Martin - martine@speakeasy.org
 http://www.speakeasy.org/~martine