Re: [Further-devel] mouse_out()

From: Tom Insam (tomi@jerakeen.org)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 10:15:06 PDT

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 01:11:03PM -0700, Evan Martin wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 05:03:02PM +0100, Tom Insam wrote:
> > I'm playing with an alternate launcher (based off the included launcher
> > plugin)that behaves like the new macos dock - icons near the cursor grow,
> > the size tails off to the left & right, etc. Problem is, the images don't
> > get mouse_out messages if I don't touch the further desktop before moving
> > into a window. How would I make a 'mouse leaving domain of further' call the
> > mouse_out function?
>
> Hm... I'm pretty sure evas does call the mouse_out function when the
> mouse leaves the desktop.

-- snip --

> It calls the MOUSE_OUT callback.
>

> As a simple test: slide a window halfway over an icon on the
> existing launcher and then move the mouse between the window and the
> icon.

This is exactly what's not working in my app. There's a 'twitch' as I move
onto the first pixel of the widow, where the icon resizes to it's 'relaxed'
state, then it just grows again.

Annoyingly, I've tried this on your launcher and it works perfectly...

I suspect it's the feebleness of the machine I'm developing on - it quite
often fails to redraw the b/g after I've moved windows, etc, where the more
powerful computer I have at home has no problems here. I haven't tried this
on a powerful computer yet - something to do over the weekend...

> Let me know if I can help any more. I'm eager to see what you've done.

It'll be a while before it's anything other than a more amusing launcher.
I'm hoping to include a taskbar as well, and have started programs have a
bouncing icon... :-) Not wonderfully useful, but further is just too pretty
for me not to play with.

> It's particularly difficult to get all of the timing code right.
> See furtherp_fade_full in plugin.c; that's my fifth attempt at it, and
> it's that complicated because it needs to be.

I can appreciate your problems - I'm on my third way of zooming icons around
now...

--
"Its not that kind of teeching," they sed. "U will be lechering reel
skollars about The Web. In return they will give us money, wich we will use