Re: [Further-devel] new launcher plugin

From: Abraham Egnor (aegnor@antioch-college.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 12:57:29 PST

Python is indeed more popular than Ruby, at least here in the US. Another
thing to look at if you haven't already is Swig. Swig vastly simplifies
writing bindings - it can just take c/c++ header files and generate
binding code for perl, python, ruby, java, whatever.

I'm glad you're going for python over perl, as I really can't stand perl.
I think having as much in python as possible is good, and I doubt there'll
be any speed issues - because evas is so high-level, all of the drawing
will still be done in c-land.

Abe