Re: [Further-devel] Stuff.

From: Evan Martin (
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 10:06:12 PDT

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 06:39:53PM +0100, Chris Ball wrote:
> Hi, all.
> So, I've got further installed again. I'd like to hack up a quick config
> helper - an Xlib app that goes through plugins/ and brings up a box for
> each plugin that corresponds to the starting coordinates for the plugin's
> settings.h file. The user can reposition the boxes around the screen, and
> hit a save button to write co-ords to the respective settings files.
> Shall I go for it?

If you like... it'd be nice if I could finish the configuration system
first, because then you could write a UI for that.

(BTW, Xlib? What language? I thought you were a Perl geek... :P)

The conf files should be pretty trivial to parse. Mostly token = value

> Also, Evan, how about a screenshots section for the site?

Every screen shot I take is so... anticlimatic, that it feels like a
let down.
Those are the pictures I've had for a while, but that's more a
demonstration of LogJam (, if you're curious)
than a sexy picture of the desktop.

Evan Martin -