Re: [Further-devel] Stuff.

From: Ed Lea (ed@cus.org.uk)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 13:02:14 PDT

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 10:06:12AM -0700, Evan Martin wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 06:39:53PM +0100, Chris Ball wrote:
> > Hi, all.
> >
> > So, I've got further installed again. I'd like to hack up a quick config
> > helper - an Xlib app that goes through plugins/ and brings up a box for
> > each plugin that corresponds to the starting coordinates for the plugin's
> > settings.h file. The user can reposition the boxes around the screen, and
> > hit a save button to write co-ords to the respective settings files.
> >
> > Shall I go for it?
>
> If you like... it'd be nice if I could finish the configuration system
> first, because then you could write a UI for that.
>
> (BTW, Xlib? What language? I thought you were a Perl geek... :P)
>
> The conf files should be pretty trivial to parse. Mostly token = value
> pairs.

Cool. I hacked something that does that last night does this and it sort
of works... I was going to polish it up today but had hard drive
problems, the code's still there but I can't get to it ATM

--
Ed.

"Do you know, I think it is? I really think it might just be a crazy little thing called sarcasm seeping in at the edges of my manner of speech!"